Why yes, we do trade and buy secondhand books – here’s our criteria!
- We do take classic works of literature, science fiction, and great kid’s books.
- We do take books that have the former owner’s name written inside.
- We do take books that have been gently read, with maybe a crease or two.
- We do take signed, first editions.
- We don’t take old textbooks (including that highlighted anthro/sociology/economics book you had to have for that one class).
- We don’t accept ex-library books or books in poor condition.
- We don’t take books chewed on by your dog.
- We don’t take hardback books that are missing their dust jackets.
We offer 50% shop credit or 25% cash, except for children’s/young adult books for which we offer trade credit only, not cash.
Please call ahead for buying times. We do not buy books on Saturdays. Typically, our buying hours are Monday – Friday 10 am – 6 pm, but those are subject to change from week to week depending on staff availability. Please pack your books in totes or grocery bags (no garbage bags) or reasonably-sized boxes (for your safety and ours!)