Why yes, we do trade and buy secondhand books – here’s our criteria!
- We do take classic works of literature, science fiction, and great kid’s books.
- We do take books that have the former owner’s name written inside.
- We do take books that have been gently read, with maybe a crease or two.
- We do take signed, first editions.
- We don’t take old textbooks (including that highlighted anthro/sociology/economics book you had to have for that one class).
- We don’t accept ex-library books or books in poor condition.
- We don’t take books chewed on by your dog.
- We don’t take hardback books that are missing their dust jackets.
- We don’t take romance novels.
We offer 50% shop credit or 25% cash, except for children’s/young adult books for which we offer trade credit only, not cash.