Why yes, we do trade and buy secondhand books – here’s our criteria!
We offer 50% shop credit or 25% cash based on what we will sell the book for in the shop, EXCEPT for children’s, young adult books, and mystery/thrillers for which we offer trade credit only, not cash.
Please call ahead for buying times. We do not buy books on Saturdays. Typically, our buying hours are Monday – Friday 10 am – 6 pm, but those are subject to change from week to week depending on staff availability. Please pack your books in totes or grocery bags (no garbage bags) or reasonably-sized boxes (for your safety and ours!)
- We do take classic works of literature, science fiction, and great kid’s books.
- We do take books that have the former owner’s name written inside.
- We do take books that have been gently read, with maybe a crease or two.
- We do take signed, first editions.
- We don’t take old textbooks (including that highlighted anthro/sociology/economics book you had to have for that one class).
- We don’t accept ex-library books or books in poor condition.
- We don’t take books chewed on by your dog.
- We don’t take hardback books that are missing their dust jackets.