Congratulations on your publication! Blue Cypress Books is pleased to support local authors and artists by offering a consignment program. Accepting books and other items on consignment allows us to carry and feature a wider variety of books and gifts, including independently published and print-on-demand titles. We do not, however, carry any titles self-published through Amazon or any self-publishing platforms owned by Amazon (CreateSpace, etc.).
Books must meet the requirements described below in the guidelines. Non-book items such as stickers or greeting cards must be evaluated and approved by Blue Cypress Books managerial staff before being accepted for consignment.
General Consignment Information and Guidelines
- Blue Cypress Books pays 60% for consignment items sold. Blue Cypress Books retains 40% as sales commission.
- Authors who consign MUST provide a link to Blue Cypress Book’s website or social media (Facebook or Instagram) that appears first, BEFORE any link to Amazon or Barnes and Noble on their social media. No consignment book will be accepted until this link appears on the author’s website. Authors who have a Facebook page are also required to “like” Blue Cypress Book’s page, and we will certainly reciprocate.
- We will initially take 3 copies of each consignment title.
- Blue Cypress Books agrees to stock books and other items on consignment (when accepted) for a 3-month period at minimum.
- At the end of the consignment period, Blue Cypress Books will send any payment accrued from sales to an address that the consignee provides. We will also send back at the consignee’s expense any unsold items or hold them for pick-up for 30 days, or will contact the author/artist to renew the agreement. Books that are unclaimed by the consignee after 30 days will be donated to a charity. Whether or not we renew the consignment agreement is solely at our discretion.
- Blue Cypress Books is proud to carry consignment books as part of our overall inventory. As such, we hold consignment books to the same high standards as the rest of our book inventory. All consignment books must be bound with legible titles on the spines (children’s books and particularly thin books are exempt). They must also be proofread and free of typographical errors.
- Authors need to provide contact information including, but not limited to, email address and phone number.
We look forward to working with you!
Management @ Blue Cypress Books