Blue Cypress Books is a local, woman-owned, New Orleans bookstore and has been a warm and welcoming place to find high-quality used and new books since 2008. BCB is an inclusive and welcoming place where we speak our minds and invite open conversations. We pride ourselves on our selection and believe that anyone who walks in the door will be able to find something they will want to take home. With a focus on modern literature, New Orleans writers and subjects, children’s books, science fiction, foreign language and more, we have carefully cultivated our selection. And, of course, if you don’t see something you are looking for, we are happy to order it for you. Our courteous and knowledgeable staff are always happy to make recommendations for you (and we know what we’re talking about). We are proud members of the American Booksellers Association and the Southern Independent Booksellers Association, and we are consistently rated as a top bookstore in New Orleans. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Our shelves are stocked with both high-quality secondhand books and a curated selection of new classics and bestsellers.
- We do buy and trade books, based upon title, author, desirability and our current book needs.
- Open 7 days a week. Call ahead for trading times.
- You can buy from us in-store, via phone, email, or social media, as well as on our website.
- We are locally-owned and woman-owned and operated, established in 2008.
- We gladly purchase estates. Please call or email for terms and details.